The Norwegian University of science and technology (NTNU) is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Immersive Technologies for Learning.
This is a temporary position for a period of 2 years, without teaching duties. Postdoctoral Fellow is a fixed-term position with the primary goal of qualifying for work in professional academic chair positions.
The postdoc position will be a part of the Innovative Immersive Technologies for Learning (IMTEL) research group, led by Professor Ekaterina Prasolova-Førland. IMTEL researches immersive technologies for learning in several contexts, ranging from university education to emergency and medical training and workplace training.
- A Norwegian Ph.D. or a foreign Ph.D. approved as equivalent to a Norwegian Ph.D. (or equivalent competence), in a relevant field: educational technology, pedagogy, instructional design, learning with ICT, human-computer interaction or computer science. Ph.D. students in their final year are also encouraged to apply.
- Documented experience in designing educational (media) content for technology-enhanced learning, especially for learning with VR/AR/MR
- Documented experience in integrating digital tools and resources into higher education practice
- Excellent academic writing and presentation skills
- An excellent command of spoken and written English
- Documented abilities to author scientific publications
- Contributing to the development of a research-based methodology and a toolkit of procedures and recommendations for digital competence development of applying immersive technologies in higher education.
- Conducting research on integrating immersive technologies in higher education, developing and evaluating application cases, in tight cooperation with university educators at NTNU and other institutions.
- Contributing to research proposal writing (e.g., Horizon 2020 and the Norwegian Research Council)
- Assisting project leader with coordinating research and educational activities at the IMTEL VR/AR lab
Application and further information
For more information about the position, please contact Professor Ekaterina Prasolova-Førland, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 99440861.
For more information about the appointment process, please contact HR-adviser Erik Lunde, email@example.com, +47 73559139.
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas, and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number SU-277 when applying.
Application deadline: 09.12.2018.