After closing of EuroVR 2019 – Scientific track, it is time to get focused on the Application track. This section welcomes contributions like use cases, prototypes, demo, and exhibition of projects about virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality.
The Application track, which will close on August 9, 2019, foresees three types of contributions:
- Application talk: best practices, industrial use cases of VR/AR/MR, project results and demonstrations of applications of virtual, augmented and mixed reality in industry, and/or actual or potential transfers of academic results.
- Application poster: recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied for work, application in progress, or unusual applications.
- Demo & Exhibition: live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists and members of the VR/AR/MR industrial communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
All accepted abstracts in this track will be published in the Application proceedings of EuroVR 2019 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
EuroVR 2019 conference is the perfect place where showcasing prototypes, demos, and on-going project to get reviews by the experts from industry and academia.
Journal invitation and awards
In addition, a set of the best-accepted contributions will be selected by a special committee structured according to the categories of the Scientific and Application tracks, to invite the authors of the selected contributions to submit an extended version to the open-access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
Last but not least, based on the work of the same special committee, best awards will be decided for each contribution category within each track. More information on the EuroVR best awards procedure will be available soon on the EuroVR 2019 website, as well as the winners of previous years.
For the Application track, contributions deadlines are:
- Short abstract submissions for all Application categories: Aug 9, 2019
- Notification to authors for all Application categories: Sept 6, 2019
Camera-ready for accepted contributions to all Application categories: Sept 13, 2019
Early Bird registration: Sept 13, 2019
Conference days: October 23-25, 2019