PAPER DEADLINE EXTENSION TILL 17 JULY
A selection of invited articles from EuroVR will be published in a Special Issue of the Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting (JVRB) as extended versions
We are pleased to announce the yearly EuroVR conference.
This year event is the 12th edition of a series started with the INTUITION European Network conferences (Athens 2004, Paris 2005, Stuttgart 2006, Athens 2007, Torino 2008) and followed by the Joint Virtual Reality Conference (Lyon 2009, Stuttgart 2010, Nottingham 2011, Madrid 2012, Paris 2013, Bremen 2014).
The focus of EuroVR is on novel VR and AR technologies, including software systems, display technology, interaction devices, and applications.
EuroVR is not only a conference for presenting and publishing applied research, but also a platform for exchange between researchers, technology providers, and end users around commercial or research applications and an opportunity to create collaboration among technicians and users, developers and industrials, knowledge and technology suppliers. Besides papers on new results, there will be industry-oriented presentations (automotive, medical, aeronautic, space, etc.) creating a unique opportunity to see, discuss, and share the latest innovations and developments.
EuroVR gives also a unique opportunity for vendors and laboratories to exhibit their latest innovations and demos in the exhibition area. We welcome industrial and academic exhibitors, as well as sponsors. Sponsoring and exhibition can be combined.
The conference will take place at the Politecnico di Milano – CNR campus in Lecco (I).
EuroVR 2015 seeks original, high-quality contributions in all areas related, but not necessarily restricted to:
- Novel devices (both input and output) for VR, AR, MR, and haptics
- VR system architectures
- Collaborative and distributed VR
- Augmented reality and mobile devices
- Novel ways for applying VR/AR/MR, etc.
- Perception and human factors
- Multi-modal and 3D interaction
- Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
- Cyber sickness and other issues
- Tracking, sensing, and processing sensor data
- Tele-operation, tele-immersion, tele-presence
- Novel data flow architectures
- Cost effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
- Applications in manufacturing and engineering, aerospace, logistics, construction and architecture, medical and rehabilitation, training and education, cultural heritage, food manufacturing etc.
Special Sessions will be organized for the following domains: Food, Health and Wellbeing, Manufacturing Haptic.
Call for paper:
- Submission deadline: 17 July 2015
- Notification of review results: 14 August 2015
- Camera-ready version due: 15 September 2015
- Conference starts: 15 October 2015
Call for posters:
- Submission deadline of poster abstract (2 pages max.): 15 September 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 30 September 2015
Call for Exhibitors:
- Submission deadline: 10 September 2015
About the EuroVR Association
EuroVR is the European Association for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, an international non-profit association designed to bring together all those interested in VR/AR technologies and to pursue the development and further deployment of such technologies. Membership is open to companies, organization, and individuals, and is not restricted to European countries.
A membership application form can be found on the web site of the association, www.eurovr-association.org. Membership is not required for the participation in the conference but can guarantee discount for the registration and further services dedicated to the members.