EuroVR 2017 will take place in Laval, France on 12 – 14th December, 2017. Bringing together people from industry, commerce, and research, including technology developers, suppliers and all those interested in virtual reality, augmented or mixed reality (VR, AR, MR) and 3D user interfaces, to exchange knowledge and share experiences of new results and applications, enjoy live demonstrations of current and emerging technologies, and form collaborations for future work.
The EuroVR President’s Open Letter to all the VR & AR Stakeholders:
Dear “Interested Stakeholders”,
The European Association for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (EuroVR) jointly with NEM (New European Media) platform is shaping a large initiative (Think Virtual) in order to support the future development of AR/VR and its application.
The process is as follow: Read more
EuroVR is glad to announce a partnership with Sónar+D Conference, an international event covering digital transformation of the creative industry – involving also Virtual and Augmented Reality.
Members of the Association can benefit of:
Salento AVR have announced two events taking place near Lecce in Italy this July – 4th International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics (SALENTO AVR 2017) and the Virtual Reality Summer School 2017. Read more
Virtual Reality Research Interns
Bosch Human Machine Interaction team, Palo Alto, California, U.S.A.
Duration: 3 – 12 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
Degree Level: Masters or Ph.D. – Must be a current student or recent graduate (less than 1 year)
Major(s): Computer Science or related fields
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in the area of virtual reality, e.g. robust hand tracking, multi-modal interaction in immersive virtual environment, and HMD calibration.
- Apply research results to real-world cases with high quality implementation.
- Integrate the resulting system/software into existing Bosch platform.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and patent submissions.
- Strong background in virtual/mixed reality, computer vision, machine learning and related fields
- Proficient with multiple languages and libraries (C++, OpenGL, OpenCV, Unity3D, etc.).
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, teamwork and technical writing skills.
Desired Skills (not required):
- Publication record in top venues (CVPR/ISMAR/IEEEVR/VRST/CHI/SIGGRAPH, etc.).
- Experience with hand tracking and gesture recognition with commodity RGB/RGB-D cameras.
- Experience with multi-modal interaction technology for VR application.
- Experience with HMD calibration.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com with prefix “[VR Research Intern 2017]” in the subject/title.
For further information on this position, see http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/15320.htm
University Assistant with Doctorate, with Tenure Track to Position as Associate Professor
Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision, Graz, Austria.
Working area: Mixed and Augmented Reality
This full-time employment position (40h/week) is initially restricted to six years and offers the possibility of a qualification agreement for a tenured position. The employment is expected to start on May 1, 2017, and will be part of the Institute of Computer Graphics and Vision.
The position requires a completed PhD degree in computer science or a similar field.
We expect the following qualifications:
- Excellent scientific qualification in Mixed Reality and Augmented Reality (MR/AR), especially computer graphics and visualisation methods for MR/AR and 3D user interfaces for MR/AR
- International scientific publications
- Experience with acquisition, management and scientific supervision of research projects
- Experience in establishing a research group
- Track record of scientific achievements, such as international prizes or awards
- Teaching experience in relevant subjects
- Network in the scientific community
Your job will involve the following duties:
- Research on MR/AR, with the goal to earn international scientific reputation and visibility
- Top-level international publications
- Acquisition of third party funding for research (FFG, FWF, industrial
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses and support in the supervision of PhD students
- Independent teaching in the bachelor and master program and introducing students to the world of visual computing
- Service in the academic administration
The position will be paid according to category B1 of the collective contract of Austrian universities.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase employment of women in leading positions and as part of the research staff. We specifically encourage qualified women to apply. Please note that, all other aspects equal, women will be preferred in hiring.
How to apply:
Applications with supporting documents (copies of certificates and diplomas, CV, publication list, description of scientific and professional career, overview of previous and planned research and teaching, teaching evaluations if available) should be submitted preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should quote the position identifier.
Closing date for applications:
18th February 2017
Position identifier: 7100/17/001
What follows is a letter from the EuroVR President, Dr. Marco Sacco, addressed to Companies operating in the VR/AR/MR field. Read more
Another successful EuroVR Conference took place in Athens, Greece between the 22nd and 24th of November 2016. We had some excellent key speakers including: Prof. Bernd Froehlich, Dr. Betty Mohler Tesch, Asst Prof. Maria Roussou and Dr. Guido Rosales. Visit the conference website for more information http://www.eurovr-association.org/conference2016/.
Looking forward to inviting you all again for our next conference EuroVR2017 in Laval, France!
Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies (LEIT) includes the parts of Horizon 2020 focusing on Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), ICT and Space. Read more
The Commission has decided to present a Space Strategy for Europe as one of its key initiatives for this year. The purpose of the Space Strategy would be to set out the overall strategic vision for the Union’s activities in space while ensuring proper coordination and complementarity with the activities pursued by the Member States and the European Space Agency (ESA). Read more
registered office at
Rue du Trone 98, 1050 Brussels.
President Marco Sacco
Via Previati n. 1/E -23900 Lecco, Italy