Web3D is an annual international conference for 3D Graphics celebrating its 23rd year. 2018 is a historic year for 3D on the Web and Mixed Reality. With WebGL now widely supported by browsers, tools such as X3D, X3DOM, X-ITE, three.js, glTF, and A-Frame VR are allowing to create 3D content on the Web.
The European Virtual Reality Tour has started!
EuroVR Association is co-funding an important initiative: the VR Tour. Organized by Laval Virtual, the tour is scheduled to visit the various actors operating in the fields of Virtual and Augmented Reality in all Europe.
The aim of this initiative is to build and enhance the relations among the actors and to consolidate the EuroVR network. The result of the Tour will lead to a map of the various actors operating in VR, AR, 3D and other related fields and areas of expertise.
It is therefore very important that EuroVR Members proactively support the VR Tour in each of its stops with some local resources. Members who want to contribute on specific stops can contact Laval Virtual organizers:
You can follow periodical updates of the VR Tour following EuroVR’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and support the spreading of social materials using the hashtag #EuropeVRt.
The tour is scheduled to visit:
- October 26, 27: Amsterdam (Netherlands) – VR Days.
- October 30, 31 : Brussels (Belgium)
- November 2nd : Charleroi (Belgium)
- November 3rd : Liège (Belgium)
- November 6th : Aachen (Germany)
- November 7th : Cologne (Germany)
- November 8th : Düsseldorf (Germany)
- November 9th : Bremen (Germany)
- November 10th : Hamburg (Germany)
After the third week, the program may be subjected to slight changes (so stay tuned for further updates).
- Week of November 13 to 17 : Denmark (Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg), Sweden (Malmö, Gothenburg), Norway (Oslo).
- Week of November 20 to 24 : Norway (Oslo, Bergen), Sweden (Vasteras, Stockholm) and Finland (Turku, Tampere, Helsinki).
- Week of November 27 to December 1 : Estonia (Tartu,Tallinn), Latvia (Valmiera, Riga), Lithuania (Vilnius, Kaunas).
- Week of December 4 to 8 : Poland (Warsaw, Poznan, Krakow), Germany (Berlin, Dresden).
- Week of December 11 to 15 : Czech Republic (Prague), Austria (Vienna), Slovakia (Bratislava, Kosice).
- Week of December 18 to 21 : Hungary (Budapest), Slovenia (Ljubljana, Koper), Italy (Trieste).
Visit EuroVR Social media Channel:
- Twitter – @EuroVR2017
Horizon 2020 is the European Union framework program funding research and innovation. Within its future plan for 2018-2020, the part addressing information and communication technologies foresee funding to support the European academic research as well as its industry in the fast moving domain of interactive technologies which include Virtual Reality.
On Friday 27 October 2017 at 12:15 (Brussels Time), a webinar is organised to present two actions:
EuroVR President Marco Sacco has been invited to present the EuroVR Association during the Russian event “AVRA Days Skolkovo”.
Taking place on October 24th 2017 in Moscow, the conference AVRA DAYS Skolkovo will show the possibilities of AR / VR-technologies for solving business problems and integration into business processes and to have a talk about the efficiency of technology implementation.
Following requests from several authors, the General Chairs and International Programme Committee have agreed to extend the deadline for the Scientific and Technical papers to Tues 3rd October at 12:00 CEST.
The deadline for Industrial Abstracts, Posters & Demos (long abstract) remains Fri 13th October. For more information on submission, visit the EuroVR2017 website.
EuroVR 2017 will take place in Laval, France on 12 – 14th December, 2017. Bringing together people from industry, commerce, and research, including technology developers, suppliers and all those interested in virtual reality, augmented or mixed reality (VR, AR, MR) and 3D user interfaces, to exchange knowledge and share experiences of new results and applications, enjoy live demonstrations of current and emerging technologies, and form collaborations for future work.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
- Scientific/Technical Track (14-20 page long papers or 8-10 page short papers, both in one column Springer format): original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications in VR/AR/MR.
- Industrial Track (1 page abstract): best practices, industrial use cases of VR/AR/MR, project results and demonstrations of VR/AR/MR applications in industry, and/or actual or potential transfers of academic results.
- Poster Track (2 page abstract): recently completed work, work in progress, or publicly presentable ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems or applications.
- Demonstration Track (2 pages abstract): live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists and members of the VR/AR/MR industrial communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
Authors of accepted scientific/technical papers and industrial track submissions will be expected to attend the conference and make a 15-25 minute oral presentation. The authors of accepted posters and demonstrations will have to make a brief oral presentation on their work in addition to the poster or demo presentations.
For Scientific/Technical papers (long & short), all submissions have to be uploaded on the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer:
- Submission : September 29, 2017
- Notification : October 27, 2017
- Camera ready : November 03, 2017
For Industrial abstracts, Poster & Demo (long abstract), all submissions have to be uploaded on EasyChair:
- Submission : October 13, 2017
- Notification : November 03, 2017
- Camera ready : November 10, 2017
More details can be found at http://eurovr2017.laval-virtual.org/
The EuroVR President’s Open Letter to all the VR & AR Stakeholders:
Dear “Interested Stakeholders”,
The European Association for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (EuroVR) jointly with NEM (New European Media) platform is shaping a large initiative (Think Virtual) in order to support the future development of AR/VR and its application.
The process is as follow: Read more
EuroVR is glad to announce a partnership with Sónar+D Conference, an international event covering digital transformation of the creative industry – involving also Virtual and Augmented Reality.
Members of the Association can benefit of:
Salento AVR have announced two events taking place near Lecce in Italy this July – 4th International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics (SALENTO AVR 2017) and the Virtual Reality Summer School 2017. Read more
What follows is a letter from the EuroVR President, Dr. Marco Sacco, addressed to Companies operating in the VR/AR/MR field. Read more
Dr Marco Sacco
Senior Researcher at CNR-STIIMA
tel: +39.02.23699601 +39.0341.2350201
The information contained in this website is for information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information or services contained herein. Any reliance on such information is strictly at your own risk.
© euroVR 2018